Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lord, they are laughing...

Have you ever been in a situation when those around you who don’t know the Lord talk and rise up against you?

“For mine enemies speak against me and them that lay wait for my soul take counsel together” Psalms 71.10

Can you hear them laughing at you, doubting your faith, doubting your God……

“The fool has said in his heart, there is no God” Psalms 53.1

Have you ever been in a situation where it seems, and feels like the Lord has forgotten about you, and the ungodly are prosecuting you because of your faith…….

“God hath forsaken him; persecute and take him, for there is no one to deliver him” Psalms 71.11

Have you cried, begged Go to come to your aid, to help you?

“Make haste, O lord to deliver me, make haste to help me O Lord” Psalms 70.1

“Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape; incline thine ear unto me, and save me” Psalms 71.4

Have you asked God to deal very decisively with them that wish you hurt and destruction?

“Let them be confounded and consumed that are adversaries to my soul; let them be covered with reproach and dishonor that seek my hurt” Psalms 71:13

Have you pleaded with the God in whom you have loved to protect, guard and keep you from confusion?

“In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never to be put to confusion” Psalms 71.1

“But do thou for me, O God the Lord, for thy name’s sake; because thy mercy is good, deliver thou me” Psalms 109:21

“Help me, O Lord my God; O save me according to thy mercy” Psalms 109.26

“That they may know that this is thy hand that thou, Lord has done it” Psalms 109.27

A friend of mine shared that this has been happening to her at work……at first it broke my heart to see how she was struggling, and I purposed to find a word to help her out in this season……I hope that as she reads this, and as others do, it gives you hope…

That which you need to remember going through this season of people laughing at you is that you are not alone…..The examples above are from David, and the experiences he went through…...They also laughed at Noah as he obeyed God and built the ark…….They laughed at Jesus when He told them the girl was sleeping….and yes, they are laughing at you…….

They laugh because they do not understand your faith…….Always remember, that the word of God is foolishness to them that are perishing, and so they respond in laughter….they don’t understand what you are doing, why you believe what you believe…….they just don’t get it, so they laugh, point, probe, persecute you, because you love God, or you are bold in your convictions…….

I know it’s tuff when that happens…….I personally, haven’t gone through that, but I can put myself in the shoes of you that have……..Having to feel like you and your faith are on trial………Having to feel like your life is under a microscope, coz you believe, and hold fast to that belief……..

The thing that I didn’t tell my friend is that I was secretly envious of her (meaning, I wish I were her)….Actually, as she shared, I was saying in my heart, thank you Jesus! Why?

Not because she was suffering……not because they were making her life a living hell at work……But because of something else……Because of what Christ said in Luke 6:22-23

v. 22 “Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake…..”

v. 23 “Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy; for behold, your reward is great in heaven”…….

See, that’s why I was envious…..Because great is her reward in heaven……..And that’s something else…….Boy, how I long to hear Christ telling me, Kim, great is your reward in heaven!

OK, ok, some of you might be thinking…..mmh, gee, that’s great and all, but what should we do in the meantime? I am on earth, and I hurt on earth!

Firstly, understand that the Lord loves you, and because you seek him, cry out to him and love him, he will preserve you!

“The Lord preserveth all them that love him; but all the wicked will he destroy” Psalms 145:20

Secondly, He will also keep you, protect you, watch over you and He will ensure that you do not stumble…….

“He will not suffer thy foot to be moved; he that keepeth thee will not slumber” Psalms 121.3

“The Lord is thy keeper; the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand” Psalms 121.5

Thirdly, always remember that because you have called upon the Lord, He shall save you…..never stop calling on Him……Never stop praising him!

“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” Romans 10:13 (OK, this scripture is in the context of spiritual salvation……but the same is also true in physical terms).

Here’s one that I’m sure that you’ve probably heard in song…..

“I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, so shall I be saved from mine enemies” Psalms 18:3

Fourthly, remember because you have believed in Him, you shall not be put to shame!

“Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed” Romans 10:11

Fifthly, remember that because you love God, you are known of him

“If any man love God, the same is known of him” 1 Corinthians 8:3

Also, don’t worry about those who don’t know God but seem to be prospering…..

“Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity” Psalms 37.1

“For they shall soon be cut down like the grass and wither as the green herb” Psalms 37.2

And don’t worry, “the Lord knoweth the days of the upright, and their inheritance shall be forever” Psalms 37.18

I could go on adding scripture after scripture, but I hope that this encourages you to not give up, or give in…….the Lord knows you are there, knows that they are laughing……but because you have been faithful, the Lord will come and save you, deliver you, and you will say out of a place of celebration!

“Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee; and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified” Psalms 70.4

And when his deliverance is come, you will rejoice, and truly realize that the Lord has kept you safe and sound…he has been your strength and portion!

“Whom have I in heaven but thee? And there is none upon the earth that I desire beside thee” Psalms 73.25

“My flesh and my heart faileth, but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever” Psalms 73.26

May God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment