Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Month of Love

Here we are…I am sure that most of you would agree that February is the month of love, and so toward that end, I wanted to do something different….and share some Songs of Love this month……Songs that capture where my heart is, that communicate my love for God and man……I figured I’d take the time and be honest with myself about my feelings this month, and I urge you to do the same…..it’s quite lethargic …..plus, love is of God….

While on that note of love, in Jan the Lord put it to my heart to have February as a month where I focus on my relationships with those that aren’t very much loved in society…..those whose lot in life has cast them aside, discouraged, underprivileged and disheartened……After reading what Christ had to say about what we do unto the least of His brothers, that we do unto Him, I felt challenged……

Challenged, because Christ took very personally the lot of the underprivileged….He, being the King of glory, clothed Himself in our humanity, laid His life down for our redemption and raised it up for our salvation….I thank God for being big enough to be small enough…..by that I mean, that Jesus was humbled, even unto death on the cross……

But I also give thanks to Christ for restoring our relationship with the Father, and making us friends…..not servants! Halleluyah! I thank the Lord that because He was tempted in all points as we are, He knows our lot, and is thus able to deliver from temptation……

So in this month of love, my challenge to you is that you show love to those around you in need, and together, let’s restore our standing as a church of love…If we know Him, we will show love, because that is who God is…

“He that loveth not, knoweth not God, for God is love” 1 John 4:7-8

On the side, I am seeking donations of old/new clothes, newspapers, soda bottles, shoes, toys, money, time, etc to support those in Kenya in dire need and ask that if the Lord leads you, kindly consider donating at www.thegaturumutfoundation.org

Back to what I was saying though, in this month, I want to be honest with my feelings of love, both to God and man with the hope that it will encourage someone to go out and say and show love to someone around you whom you do love……

A brother, a sibling, a parent, a child…..It’s sad that we don’t tell those we love, besides spouses, or girl/boyfriends that we love them, but we should…..In this month, I pray that the Lord challenges you to love someone as deeply and as dearly as Christ loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment