Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Songs of Love 2 (To The One Who Loves Me)

“My love, where art thou”

After my emotions had fizzled, I began to think about how God must feel when I hurt Him by acting in the flesh, when I don’t show love, when I reject His will for me, when I miss His big picture, when I miss out on His blessings because I sinned, or when I haven’t confessed my sin, or when I tolerate that which is less than His best, because I don’t care to know His best, His will, or His love by reading His word……or when I don’t care to talk to Him, or to care to build a deep personal relationship with Him, or devil proof my relationship with Him…When I don’t guard my time with Him, and when I am not careful to honor Him…

In this drama, I’ll be trying to imagine how God must have felt when I rejected Him, ran away from Him, acted and operated in the flesh, rather than in the spirit…I hope it ministers to your heart and urges you to renew your relationship with God!….If you aren’t sure whether God really cares about what we do, look at Jeremiah, when He says that His people in Jeremiah 3:12

“…Return, O backsliding Israel, saith the Lord; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you; for I am merciful”.

Jeremiah 3:1 “But thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me, saith the Lord”

Jeremiah 3:7 “And I said after she had done all these things, Turn thou unto me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw it!”

My son, my beloved, I called you unto my side,
I have redeemed you with the blood of my own dear son
I have loved you and nurtured you, brought you safe and side
My love, where art thou?

When man had cast you aside
When life had given up on you
Yet I was with you
Yet, I stood next to you
I wiped all of your tears
I honored your prayers when you cried
Because you honored me, I gave you that which you wanted
My love, where art thou?

When disease riddled your flesh
You called unto me, and I answered
You begged me to restore you
And I healed you entirely
You asked in faith privately
I rewarded you in blessing publicly
My favor rested heavily in your life
And caused a great increase in your life
You loved me passionately, but now, you’ve turned
My love, where art thou?

Now, you enjoy my blessing
You sit in royal places
No more tears, no more pain
I have wiped your hurt away and made you new
But now, the blessings I poured unto you
Seem to take you away from me
Yes, you pray and talk to me now and then
But really, not with the passion you once had
The fire is gone, you read not my word
You struggle to pray, and rarely give me praise
My love, where art thou?

You say that you love me,
But barely even know me
I am not the priority in your life
You don’t guard your time with me
You don’t care to read my word
You like to say that you are saved
Yet are content to live as the world does
My bowels of love have sustained you
And yet now you don’t seem to even care
That your source of strength, hope, power and love
Were found when you were at my knees
My love, where art thou?

Why does life have to throw you a curve ball
Before you kneel before my feet?
Why don’t you seek after me so persistently
Because of how much I love you
Not because of how much you need me?
Why do you not realize how much I love you,
Have loved you, still love you…..
My love, where art thou?

Kim, I sent my only son for you
He bled and died for you
You know my power, you know my mercy
Now turn back to me
Bring that iniquity, that sin to the cross and leave it there
Walk forward in victory and sin no more
Though your sins are red as scarlet
You shall be whiter than snow
My Son’s blood has paid for your sin
And for His name’s sake, I have forgiven you
And restored you unto righteousness
So turn back to me
And walk in victory!

Abba Father, I am sorry,
I truly have turned to my flesh
The very flesh that Jesus crucified
I’m sorry
I love you so much,
And you are right, I have taken your love for granted
But no more, I will walk in victory
I will grieve your Spirit no more
I will crave and yearn for you
My Father, My God, My Ebenezer, Here I am

I will learn to keep your commands
I will learn to seek after you
I will protect my relationship with you
And not compromise or jeopardize us
For you are my portion
My reward, my heart and my soul
Thank you for loving me
Thank you for perfecting me
Thank you for not giving up on me
Keep me in your will
Now and alway
May I grow in stature and power
My Father, My God, My Ebenezer, Here I am

When I fall I will get up
When I stumble I will yet stand
When mine enemy presses in hard
I will look up to my God
And He will redeem me and keep me safe
Yes, He shall be my strong fortress
And will guard my soul
And keep me from Hades
I will seek you and find my Savior
Sitteth at the right hand of God
He who is the Rock of my Salvation
And I will dwell in the presence of my God
All the days of my life
I love you, and I always will
My Father, My God, My Ebenezer, Here I am

No comments:

Post a Comment